Saturday, May 1, 2010

Trail Name & Man Humor!

So I have a trail name.... The Golden Child.  I think it's fitting and it has stuck to me quickly with the other hikers.  Because I was two days late into Idyllwild my mum freaked out a bit and everyone in town knew me by my face.  Kind of an interesting experience to have the woman at the post office know before I open my mouth to say hello! When I got to Nomad Adventures, the local outfitter, the two older workers knew me by name before I even entered the store.  The made fun of me asked what had happened.  They said my mum was so upset it was like the golden child was missing.  They immediately began calling me The Golden Child since I didn't have a trail name.   I like it and it's not the first time I've been called a golden child this week... Gourmet called me it as well during those two zero days.  BTW - zero days are days where I hike zero miles... just to clarify.

To the Guys - I don't know how it happened but there is a southern gentleman down here that is insistent to make my life difficult.  He's a pain in the ass and you would love him.(Lawrenceville GA)  He took my clothing box away from me for a 20 minute walk to the other side of town.  He offered his services to drive in the stakes for my damn tent!  I don't know what is wrong with damn southern helping men but I thought I'd finally gotten away from it.... I'm a real woman! I'm pretty much amazingly independent!  I don't need help carrying boxes, opening the damn doors, or setting up my tent!  HUFF.  He's not the only one either! One guy(Tampa FL) asked me if I had someone to walk with into town...my reply was,... do I need someone to walk me to Canada too?   Huff, oh well. Thought ya'll would enjoy it.... I just need to figure out how to avoid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment